Friday, January 08, 2016

My Birthday

Yesterday I went at the last minute to Dragon Mama and Lucy's Taqueria to use up gift certificates I got for my last birthday. Dragon Mama was going to close in forty-five minutes when I went. I found a big coffee table book, a pair of chopsticks, a fan, a ceramic plate, and a four-piece set of sushi molds or cookie cutters, I'm not sure.

At Lucy's, I bought a torta con lengua, a giant fish burrito, fish tacos, a horchata, and got a basketful of free tortilla chips. Both places were kind enough to carry the remainder on the gift certificates.

January is the month for looking forward and backward, so that's what I'm doing. And I hope to have a nice, relaxing birthday.

2 comments:

Hattie said...

Wow. That's a lot of stuff to buy. What I like best at Dragon Mama's is their pillows with the buckwheat husk filling.

Poppa Zao said...

It seems like a lot, but it didn't take up a lot of space. The set of sushi molds/cookie cutters was miniature, and the plate was small too. The biggest item was the book. All that for less than $50. I might post a photo later.