Thursday, January 17, 2013

Reserving Judgment

I reserve judgment on the Manti Te`o story till all the facts have emerged. But, without comment, I will share others' opinions:




====
http://nancynall.com/2013/01/17/a-sad-sad-song/

4.nancy said on January 17, 2013 at 8:15 am

Doesn’t anyone think there’s at least a halfway decent chance he was in on the deception? He was a top-five Heisman candidate, and it wouldn’t surprise me if he thought a little human-interest angle might have put him over the top.

9.nancy said on January 17, 2013 at 9:15 am

I think he’s gay. This is the tragically-dead-girlfriend plot from the gay canon: “I cannot marry, for you see, I have this tragically dead girlfriend. My heart was buried with her. So no, I won’t agree to be fixed up with your sister, for I no longer have the capacity to love. Say, is your brother still in town? We really need to catch up. Maybe have some drinks.”

13.nancy said on January 17, 2013 at 9:43 am

I dunno. A Mormon kid who plays football at a Catholic school might have trouble coming to public terms with his sexuality?

I’m doubling down on the Gay Theory. Although the Heisman should still be at 3-2.

30 January update: I added comments (above) by Nancy Nall in which she thinks Manti was gay. But it turns out that the hoaxer, Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, engineered the deception because he was in love with Manti.

1 February update: Various tweets and retweets from one Akolea.













Doonesbury, a day late and a dollar short.





1 comment:

Hattie said...

We're being confused by a lot of sentimentalism and emotional fakery.