Monday, April 27, 2009

Adorno, the Flu, and Other Things

I've been reading Adorno these past few days. Thanks to Google Books, among other sites, I've read parts of Minima Moralia and The Dialectic of Enlightenment, as well as Adorno: A Biography and Adorno in America. He's one of the densest (and I don't mean dumb) people I've read, and very fascinating, too.

Other interesting books include Weimar on the Pacific, from which one learns that Adorno lived at 316 South Kenter Avenue in Brentwood (1941-9), then at 803 Yale Street in Santa Monica (1949). And I found a great New York Times article, "Following Weimar to Sunset Boulevard" and a supplementary letter.

==
I'll have something soon on the swine flu.

2 June update: What can I say that hasn't been said about it. I notice that hand sanitizers are used far more frequently. That's about it.

No comments: